Production Blog: Picking Our Music

Hey Michi nation, welcome back to your favorite blog! Our final editing session at Owen's place ended today, so this is our first class period after that. We get to choose our music, thus I believe this is one of the hardest dates ever. While we were early developing our idea and learning about the project. Kendrick Lamar's "United at Grief" was a song that was now playing nonstop in my brain. I told my teacher, and she replied that our film would be copyrighted unless we have permission from the producer/singer. Following her explanation of the rights acquisition procedure, my crew and I started composing our email to TDE Business, the firm responsible for manufacturing Kendricks for release. following my email's typing and sending. It seemed as though they had responded to my email almost immediately. Their cluttered inbox of emails was the cause of this. It was a good idea to begin this procedure early so that we would have time to prepare a backup plan. I looked into different avenues and couldn't find a method to communicate with his staff. I immediately gave my group a call to let them know that using this music would not be possible. I also offered them the website LICKD as an alternative, where we could buy the rights to any song. Sadly, we were unable to purchase "United in Grief." Following our internet study, we looked up frightening music and discovered royalty-free tracks. For our movie, we selected two of the earlier ones and put them in scenes without any conversation. Despite the lack of lyrics in this song, it was nonetheless helpful in achieving the desired outcome. To complete our project, we must next obtain a peer review. Thats it for today Michi nation, see you next time!

-Xoxo Michelle  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR: Music Video